Contempt involves holding someone accountable for failing to abide by a court order. Common bases for contempt include non-payment of child support or alimony, failure to deliver property as ordered, or a failure to abide by a court-ordered parenting time schedule. Sanctions and jail time may be involved.

Your divorce proceeding or decree may involve many court orders. These are legally binding agreements that can lead to harsh penalties if either party chooses not to adhere to them. After spending time, money, and energy on a court proceeding, it can be frustrating when your partner refuses to cooperate. Is there anything you can

The court is responsible for controlling the conduct that occurs within its doors, but also has to deal with issues outside of the courtroom when it comes to family matters.

It is typical for a contempt motion to be made in a family law case when one party has violated an order of the court,