About one-half of the divorce and family law cases our lawyers handle are venued in Hennepin County. Located in downtown Minneapolis, the Hennepin County Family Justice Center provides a central hub for all sorts of resources for litigants doing through a divorce, custody dispute, or domestic abuse proceeding. The nice thing about Hennepin County is that there are a number of terrific resources available outside the four walls of the courthouse as well.
Here’s our “best of” list of helpful Hennepin County divorce and family law links:
- Hennepin County Family Justice Center: Contact information and click for directions if you are heading downtown.
- Hennepin County Court Services: Home to family law mediation, early neutral evaluation and custody studies.
- Hennepin County Guardian Ad Litem Program: Summary of the program, and the statutes that apply to the appointment of a guardian ad litem.
- Hennepin County Child Support Office: Agency responsible for ensuring that support payments are made and received.
- Hennepin County Family Court Directory: Current roster of judges, courtroom assignments and law clerks, with telephone and e-mail contact information
- Judicial Bios: Background information concerning Hennepin County Judges and Family Court Referees.
- Hennepin County Divorce Self-Help Center: Instructions for obtaining direction with your case, if you are not represented by a family law lawyer.
- Hennepin County Domestic Abuse Service Center: Assistance with completing a petition for an order for protection.
- Family Violence Coordinating Council: Coordinating agency relative to family and domestic violence within Hennepin County.
- Hearing Transcript Contact Information: Instructions for obtaining a court transcript. The vast majority of Hennepin County judges and referees to not have a “live” court reporter. Rather, all proceedings are digitally recorded.
- Hennepin County Early Neutral Evaluation Roster: Contact information for individuals who have been trained and qualified to serve as early neutral evaluators.
- Court Calendars: Confirm the time and date of any court hearing via this resource.
- Hennepin County Attorney’s Office: Hub for child support enforcement and reporting of criminal activity.
- Tubman Family Crisis and Support Center: Domestic abuse programming and shelter information.
If you have an idea for an additional link, we invite you contact our office with the relevant information.