Harrison & Hannah: Two With An Interest In TaxationApril 11, 2012 | Category: Child Support, Property Division, Spousal Maintenance
Tax season is in full swing. Thanks to Jeanne Hannah, Michigan divorce lawyer, for her summary of the IRS tax resourcesthat may be of interest to current, and former, divorce litigants.
Hannah’s recent post provides links to the IRS forms and publications that address an individual’s filing status, exemptions, tax interceptions and claims for innocent spouse relief:
- IRS Publication 504: Divorced or Separated Individuals;
- IRS Form 8379: Injured Spouse Allocation (Tax Interception);
- IRS Publication 971: Innocent Spouse Relief;
- IRS Form 8857: Innocent Spouse Relief;
- IRS Publication 501: Exemptions and Standard Deductions;
- IRS Publication 544: Sale and Disposition of Assets;
- IRS Publication 555: Community Property; and
- IRS Publication 590: IRAs.
Of course, our favorite tax-related link – the Beatles “Taxman,” from their 1966 Revolver album. A breakthrough songwriting effort for George Harrison, with the guitar solo, ironically, played by Paul McCartney.